Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Starting out...

I never know how to start out these things. I have been following quite an impressive collection of sewing/crafting blogs (big fan of Google Reader!) for awhile now, and I have to say, I am more than slightly intimidated. I know everyone says just be yourself and don't overthink it, but I can't help but feel as though thousands of tutorial-hungry eyes used to the delights of blogs such as this and this and this, will be scrutinizing my fumbling attempts at sewing projects, witty bloggy humor, and project photography, and will find it...unimpressive. BUT I am certain that blogging and sharing my projects, and actually conversing with my fellow sewing bloggers is exactly the kick in the pants I need to whip my skillz into shape.

So, here I go :).
Hi, my name is Ruthie, and I'm addicted to sewing. I'm blissfully happily married to my sweet Josh, I love to bake, I'm a cat person, I'm allergic/sensitive to most foods normal people eat, I'm indescribably happy to be a soon-to-be mommy, and I favor overly descriptive adjectives in my writing. Here I am with my tired, happy, bloated, 15-wks pregnant self:


I have been working on some fun upcycled/repurposed maternity clothing (I'll be needing it here very soon!), and also some gender-neutral baby clothing (only five more weeks till we find out if this tiny swimming fishy inside me is a little boy or a little girl!), so hopefully my first project sharing will appear very soon!

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment